Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Book: Fargo Rock City


Fargo Rock City
By: Chuck Klosterman
Started: Sunday Nov 16, 2008

Anyone that's stood within earshot of me for more than 15 minutes knows my opinion of Klosterman's collection of essays, Sex, Drugs & Cocoa puffs, namely that it is pretty good and an entertaining read, but much like Nick Hornby's High Fidelity, it offers honest insights in to the inner workings of the mind of a certain class of man, the introspective, hyper-verbal insecure genre nerd, and for this reason, neither book should ever, ever be allowed to fall in to the hands of a woman. It would be a disaster.

Anyway, Fargo Rock City, so far, seems to be a history of heavy metal, specifically a history of the nomenclature and sub-genre classification of different kinds of metal, and more specifically, Chuck Klosterman's relationship to the nomenclature and sub-genre classification of different kinds of metal over the course of his life. I'm not really sure why I'm reading this book. I was never in to metal, I'm not from the rural U.S., I'm not Chuck Klosterman. I'm hoping it gets funny, fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay now I totally want to read "sex drugs and coca puffs"
Thanks a lot you are going to be personally responsible for a disaster.